Highlighted
New Member.

UFT 12.52 freezes and crashes when recording IE 11 or Chrome 59 on Windows 10.

Hello,

I am attempting to do web GUI testing on a Windows 10 PC using UFT 12.52. From what I have read Windows 10 is supported in this version as is IE 11.

I have tried both "Record on any open browser" and also "Open browser when recording starts" for both Chrome and IE and both have the same result of freezing and crashing both the browser and UFT. I do not have any add-ons and this is my first version of UFT I have installed on this machine.

I am not sure if this is a known issue or perhaps I have missed some necessary installation component. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: UFT 12.52 freezes and crashes when recording IE 11 or Chrome 59 on Windows 10.

Hello,

Are you sure the appropriate UFT Agent add-on is installed and enabled in both IE and Chrome?

One thing is sure. Chrome 59 is not supported with UFT 12.52 so it may or may not work.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.