Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT 12 Tests integration With Jenkins

Hi Team

I am trying to integrate Jenkins with UFT 12.01 tests and also using ALM plugin into it. Could you please let me know if anybody is currently working on it.

Is it possible to integrate jenkins with UFT ?

Please update ASAP . Thanks in advance

Regards

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can install HP Application Automation Tools, which a Jenkins plugin. More detail about this plugin can be found here:

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/HP+Application+Automation+Tools

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi, 

I was able to successfully integrate UFT 12 with jenkins. The process is described here

http://sumeetkushwah.com/2015/03/24/implementing-ci-using-jenkins-and-uft/

Thanks,

Sumeet Singh Kushwah

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

@Sumeet_Kushwah

I follwed the steps mentioned in your blog, its very helpfull.

My UFT scripts are located in a VM machine, when i build the jenkins job the job failed.

Do we have to provide the VM credentials so that jenkins will execute the UFT scripts?

and do we have to launch the UFT to executes the scripts? or it will do it on own by using HP plugin?

please let me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

I am also executing the scripts from the VM's and you dont have to provide the credentials to the VM. You just have to make sure that VM's are logged in and it's open in one of the machines. Jenkins HP automation tools pligin will automatically launch the UFT and you dont have to open UFT before running the jobs.

You can also test if your slave configuration is fine by executing some DOS commands.

If your VM is open and you are still facing this issue, then you can try running the UFT's remote agent in the slave machine before triggering the scripts from jenkins.

you can find it under All programs- >Hp Software->Tools->Remote Agent

Also check the console output it might be able to provide you the details about what happpened. If you can post your console ouput here, i will try to help you.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How do we resolve the error "The OTA version is not compatible with the current version of the Application Lifecycle Management server:http://hpalm:8080/qcbin/wcomsrv.dll. "

OTA version: 12.01, OTA build number: 838. Server version: 12.53, server build number: 1833

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re-install tdconnect.exe for ALM 12.53

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.