Highlighted
New Member.

UFT 14.0 Set Record and Run Settings

Is it possible to configure the same Record and Run Setting for several tests at the same time? I need to configure the same mobile device for several tests, but I do not want to do it one by one

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: UFT 14.0 Set Record and Run Settings

Hi,

As per your question if you can  configure the record and run settings  for several test, unfortunalety this functionality on record and run settings, is test depended, so this configuration will only be save for the test itself

Regards

Francisco

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can add Device.App.Launch to your scripts to control which app is launched, this bypass the record and run settings.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

What I've done in the past to apply global changes to scripts is the following:

Using FSO bind to my script folder and loop through all folders

If the folder contains a file called script.mts add the name of the folder to an array

Once you have looked though all the folders you should have an array containing all script names.

I then looped through all the script names

For each script I opened it via the UFT AOM, applied the changes usng the AOM and saved the test.

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.