Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

UFT 14.02 Trial Version is unable to recognize Flight Application objects, only parent window object

Hi,  I'm new to UFT and trying to go through the tutorial. UFT 14 is installed on a Windows 2010 PC that meets system requirements. I've also installed the WPF plugin. The HPE installation shows up in my Windows %PATH% as well. When using the Object Spy, the FlightsGUI.exe window is recognized, but that is all. Further detailed objects (child objects) are not identified. I tried launching both UFT and the FlightsGUI app as Admin and also launching the app from a command window. But no luck. Does anyone have suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks, Julie

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UFT 14.02 Trial Version is unable to recognize Flight Application objects, only parent window ob

Is the flight application open by UFT or after UFT is open? Please also check the settings for record and run, from Record menu.

What Win 10 version are you using? 1709, 1703?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Re: UFT 14.02 Trial Version is unable to recognize Flight Application objects, only parent window ob

Lavinia,

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm opening the app after UFT is already opened. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1944). Unfortunately, I'm unable to apply any patches or upgrades.

Julie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, Julie

Have you enabled .NET and WPF addin?

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.