Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

UFT 14.03 Build 3501 not recognizing Google Chrome 71.0.3578.98

Jump to solution

Just as the title says.  Was working halfway through the day yesterday and suddenly stopped recognizing Chrome.  When using the object spy it only sees the entire page as a WinObject identified as Chrome Legacy Window.  I do have the add-in installed, I even uninstalled the add-in and reinstalled and still doesn't identify.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  If more info is needed please let me know.

17 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I enabled both of these and it still does not work.

Edit: IT seems to be working now.  Will update if anything changes

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Tried this and it now seems to be working!  Thanks for the information!  Two wasted days thinking I had machine issues or other issues internally.  Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

I have applied the flags as per post but still cannot get many areas of my scripts running

I had it suggested to me to change the run setting and have tried the following:

If I have the setting of:

Tools => Options => GUI Testing => Web => Advanced set to Run settings => Replay type = Mouse

Then the following will not run

Browser("P").Page("Search Clients Page").WebList("Title List").Select "Miss"

Browser("P").Page("Search Clients Page").WebButton("Create").Click

Browser("P").Page("Address Page").WebElement("SOUTH AUSTRALIA list item").Click

Browser("P").Page("Address Page").WebElement("Save").Click

Browser("P").Page("Client Summary-SWE Page").WebList("Face To Face Source List").Select "Veteran's Access Network"

If I have the setting of:

Tools => Options => GUI Testing => Web => Advanced set to Run settings => Replay type = Event

Then the following will not run

Browser("P").Page("Search Clients Page").WebList("Title List").Select "Miss"

Function navigateToPage(sKeyName)

Browser("P").Page("Home").WebElement("Clear SuperKey field").Click

Browser("P").Page("Home").WebEdit("SuperKey field").Click

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

With WshShell

.SendKeys sKeyName : Wait(1)

.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

End With

End Function

I have only tried 6 actions (not looking forward to what I'll find in the other 200)

Everything was running perfectly prior to the 'silent patch' 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

So google have put a patch onto the 'silent patch' and now everything in UFT appears to running as it was before.

There is not need to have the flags set to enable (as per previous post) - in fact, my UFT stopped working and I had to disable those flags 

After 2 1/2 days of totally stressed out, I am now very happy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

The issue was inroduced and fixed by Chrome.

Please refer to the following thread:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Unified-Functional-Testing-User/UFT-14-03-Build-3501-not-recognizing-Google-Chrome-71-0-3578-98/m-p/1681312#M31154

Thanks,

Vika

Regards,
Vika Milgrom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

This has been resolved.  I reverted the 2 chrome flags I changed back to their default value and my script is back working.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.