Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

UFT 14.51 - Compatibility with 14.03 and UFT4WinRT service

Jump to solution

Hello,

We are currently using UFT 14.03 to automate tests of Java and Web applications on Windows and would like to migrate our existing tests to the latest version of UFT, namely 14.51. We launch our tests directly from ALM and I'm having some trouble with our launching script. This little piece of code does not seem to work anymore:

cAddIns = qtApp.GetAssociatedAddinsForTest(sPath & "\" & sName)
bActive = qtApp.SetActiveAddins(cAddIns, msgError)

Displaying the contents of cAddIns:

cAddIns(0) = "Java"

cAddIns(1) = "Windows Runtime"

Displaying the contents of msgError:

"These add-ins are not installed or are incompatible with the current QuickTest Professional version: Windows Runtime".

Then, I also noticed that there is no UFT4WinRT service installed but I don't know if this is normal or may be linked to my problem.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

UFT4WinRT is removed from 14.50. Since it's caused many issues from our customer.

You may try to disable this addin from your AOM script.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted

UFT4WinRT is removed from 14.50. Since it's caused many issues from our customer.

You may try to disable this addin from your AOM script.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.