Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

UFT 14.53: Parsing a REST API Json response in UFT

Hi,

I am working on an automation script that compares the value in the UI application to the value coming from the REST API json response. 

1) I'm not using the API test to call the REST API but have developed a vbscript in UFT that calls the REST API. Now i have a json response from the API that i need to parse. I would ideally like to parse the values from json and compare the values with the application.

2) If JSON parsing is not possible in UFT - VBS then is there a way i could accept the response in xml format or convert the json into xml and parse the values?

Appreciate all your ideas. Thanks!

Thanks,

Ravi

Labels (5)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: UFT 14.53: Parsing a REST API Json response in UFT

Hello,

I am trying to parse a JSON string and I am really new to VB script and UFT.  If you have already found a way to parse the JSON string, please share that with me. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi ,

Do you want to convert json files to strings? 

Thanks,

Mango

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.