Highlighted
New Member.

UFT 14: Uft hangs when debug mode is used.

Hi ,

Using UFT 14, recently cant use the debug mode either F10 or Step into makes UFT to hang. Only option is to kill UFT through Task Manager, to restart the application. Without debugger how can the functions can be debugged. Its using up all the time i have at my work place .. Please reply back a solution asap.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: UFT 14: Uft hangs when debug mode is used.

What version of MS Script Debugger do you have installed?

I'm using v4.72 and it seems Ok.

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

I am using UFT14.02 , In debug mode,UFT gets stcuked .I am getting irritated.Without debugging how can we fix automation issue?

Have u got any solution ?

Could you please provide solution ASAP?

Thanks,

K.Brahma

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Brahma,

I called up the support regarding the issue. Support Team gave me  "UFT uninstaller.exe" to clean up the UFT installation first. Then installed the new version on to my PC.

Also, you try to minimize the Number of applications opened on your PC including your outlooks. It helped, as UFT uses lot of Memory.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

keethu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi there.

I have recently opened a ticket regarding this issue. Indeed it is a nuissance.

However since they did not come forward and say "We know we have an issue there", or at least provide a suitable solution, all I can advise you  is to DEBUG SLOWLY!!! Dont tap F10 like a marathon runner, press slowly and it will not get stuck.

Otherwise, if UFT does get stuck. your tests will remain in locked mode when you repoen UFT and you will have to physically find the test folder and delete the .LCK files...

Or even wrose if you are running via ALM, then it's a totaly different adventure...

Good luck friend. And debug slowly...

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

This is a frustrating problem! It would be great to get this fixed.

I don't even push f10 very fast, but it seems like if I don't wait almost a full second between taps UFT will freeze. Is there anything else I could be doing wrong (or any settings I can change) or is this just something that I have to live with? I hope MicroFocus will take a look at this bug in a future release.  The application should be able to handle a user tapping f10 fairly rapidly. There have been numerous occasions where I've lost work by having to go to task manager and force close UFT.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.