Highlighted
Visitor.

UFT 14 - Unable to recognize objects on website

Hi,

I am using UFT 14 on a trial version to analyze if I could pitch in this software in my project for functional automation.

However I am facing an issue during POC, I am unable to identify objects uniquely using the spy on the website.

Could someone help what could be the reason for it and in case there is some addin required. Please see below an example of a website on which I am struggling.

https://www.bil.com/fr/particuliers/produits-et-services/gerer-le-quotidien/Pages/comptes-courants.aspx

Please check also an example of the spy in the attachment.

I used QTP 9.5 in 2008 and I was not facing such issues that time.

I would highly appreciate anhy help on this topic.

Regards,

Sambhav

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: UFT 14 - Unable to recognize objects on website

The website looks like it has unique identifiers to me, I did a little test from the URL you listed

With Browser("micClass:=Browser").Page("micClass:=Page")

.Link("innerText:=Produits & services").Click
	.Sync
	.Link("innerText:=Contact").Click
	.Sync
	.Link("innerText:=Formulaire de contact").Click
	.Sync
	.WebEdit("html id:=CompteIban").Set "1234567890"
	.WebRadioGroup("Name:=Titre").Select "#0" ' #0 = Monsieur, #1 = Madame

End With

Try running it.

The picture of the OR shows me the object properties are unique, if they were not unique there would be an index value populated.

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Sambhav, Hi.

The link you shared below seems to be working fine for me (using 14.01).

Please make sure that the UFT extension is indeed enabled for you on the browser side (if using FireFox / Chrome).

If this is not the case, please provide more details about your testing environemnt right now (UFT version, OS, browser unter test...).

Thanks and good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Thank you! It worked for me.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.