Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

UFT API Test - Checkpoint Access from Custom Code

Jump to solution

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to access an Activities's "CheckPoints" from within a C# Event Handler or a C# Custom Code Acitivity. The idea behind this would be to access an Activities "CheckPoints" to see if they passed or failed and take an action at that time.

-Craig

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Here is a simple code to evaluate the checkpoint in runtime, similar as your example using Database activity:

public void DbFetchData6_OnCodeCheckPointEvent(object sender, CheckpointEventArgs args)
{
args.Checkpoint.RunUICheckpoints = true;
// Get a collection of xml elements to extract the element with actual value we have the checkpoint set on
var actual = this.DbFetchData6.OutputProperties.DocumentElement.GetElementsByTagName("Make").Item(0).InnerText;
var expected = "Nissan";
var chkResult = args.Checkpoint.Assert.Equals(actual, expected);
this.Context.UserLogger.Info("Checkpoint result :" + chkResult.ToString());
}

Output when pass

Step 'Select Data6' : Step 'Select Data6' started
CodeCheckpoint0: "Nissan" Equals "Nissan" passed
Checkpoint result :True

Output when fails

CodeCheckpoint0: "Nissan" Equals "Dodge" failed
Checkpoint result :False

” If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given”

regards,

Fabio

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Craig

You may be able to acomplish this by using the Checkpoint Object. This object is only accessible when using the OnCodeCheckpointEvent event. Let me provide an example using a simple concatenate string activity as follows:

public void ConcatenateStringsActivity4_OnCodeCheckPointEvent(object sender, CheckpointEventArgs args)
{

if (args.Checkpoint.Assert.Equals(this.ConcatenateStringsActivity4.Result))
this.ConcatenateStringsActivity4.Report(ConcatenateStringsActivity4.Result, "Passed");
else
this.ConcatenateStringsActivity4.Report(ConcatenateStringsActivity4.Result, "Failed");
}

You may also find more information on the UFT help searching for topics like Checkpoint object and Assert Object.

Hope this helps.

regards.
-Fabio

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Fabio,

Thank you for the reply. I had actually tried what you mentioned but the "Result" always returns true, even if a checkpoint fails...

For now, I am simply just logging the result. here is the code I have:

public void DbFetchData8_OnCodeCheckPointEvent(object sender, CheckpointEventArgs args)
        {
            args.Checkpoint.RunUICheckpoints = true;

this.Context.UserLogger.Info(this.DbFetchData8.Result);
        }

Here is the info from the output log. You can see that the result returns true:

Step 'Iteration 2' : Step 'Iteration 2' started
Step 'Validate Test Data' : Step 'Validate Test Data' started
True
Checkpoint 0: "1" = "0" failed
Step 'Validate Test Data' ended successfully
Step 'Iteration 2' ended successfully

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

It appears that even though i have entered the:

args.Checkpoint.RunUICheckpoints = true;

that the check points arent being ran until after the code Event Handler is exected.

Any idea why this would be?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Craig

In fact the checkpoints are being evaluated on that event, problem is that there aren't object public members that we can access to actually get the checkpoint status.

this.DbFetchData8.Result is the result of the execution meaninf if the activity executed with success or not despite of the result of the checkpoint evaluation.

I'm doing some more investigation and seems only option for now is to use the Assert method to evaluate the actual and expected values and get the result from there. 

Once a come up with some code I will posted here.

regards

Fabio

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Here is a simple code to evaluate the checkpoint in runtime, similar as your example using Database activity:

public void DbFetchData6_OnCodeCheckPointEvent(object sender, CheckpointEventArgs args)
{
// Get a collection of xml elements to extract the element with actual value we have the checkpoint set on
var actual = this.DbFetchData6.OutputProperties.DocumentElement.GetElementsByTagName("Make").Item(0).InnerText;
var expected = "Nissan";
var chkResult = args.Checkpoint.Assert.Equals(actual, expected);
this.Context.UserLogger.Info("Checkpoint result :" + chkResult.ToString());
}

Output when pass

CodeCheckpoint0: "Nissan" Equals "Nissan" passed
Checkpoint result :True

Output when fails

CodeCheckpoint0: "Nissan" Equals "Dodge" failed
Checkpoint result :False

” If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given”

regards,

Fabio

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Fablo,

Thank you for the info, it is greatly appreciatedQ This will allow me to do what i need to do for now. Do you know if there is an enhancement request for accessing the Checkpoints status's via object public members or if this is something that has been considered for future versions of UFT? Thanks again!

-Craig

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Craig

You are welcome and I don't think there is any ERs on this topic yet. I wourld recommend to open an enhancement request so it can be considered for future realease or patch.

regards

Fabio.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.