Highlighted
New Member.

UFT Access Database Issue

We are moving to having Access Database Engine 2016 as the required software. Is there a version of UFT that isn't dependent on or doesn't include 2010? UFT seems to come packaged with Access Database Engine 2010 and it is causing a conflict with the 2016 version. Any assistance is appreciated..  Basically need a solution for the Access Database Engine 2010 dependency being embedded in the installer for UFT 12.54/14.03.  Need to install UFT without the Access Database Engine 2010 - is this possible?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: UFT Access Database Issue

Unfortunately, there is no version of UFT installer which is not dependent on access database engine 2010 now, since the check step of it is embedded inside the installer package. 

But we have a workaround :

You can install the UFT first and then remove the access database engine 2010 via Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Programs and Features

Capture.PNG

After that you can install the access database engine 2016. Please tell me if you have any problem.

One more thing is that as you can see with above snapshot, in my machine I can install the both access database engine 2010 and 2016, therefore could you please help to detail the problem you encounter. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.