Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

UFT .NET extensibility. Add operations to supported type

Jump to solution

Hi

I'm currently trying to create some new operations for supporting Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid in UFT 12.

This is already recognized as SwFTable but the problem I face is that retrieving the column headers list via GetCellProperty(0, i, "colname") will also return hidden columns ....hence my need to add a function that will filter them out.

I have created the .dll and added the support in SwfConfig.xml mapping to SwfTable but it seems that this overrides existing operations. When trying to use them I get the error that the action is not supported by the object (even though Object Spy will list them).

So is it possible to add new operations without overriding the existing ones or do I have to re-invent the wheel?

thanks

Nikos

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

The short answer is no - HP is leveraging (in a sense) their own extensibility SDK to provide support for that class; as such, you can replace the support, but you won't be able to expand upon it with the .NET extesibility; this was my experience, anyways.

For your particular case, however, you can register your own filter function to SwfTable and make the determinations which columns are visible vs. not visible utilizing .Object instead.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

The short answer is no - HP is leveraging (in a sense) their own extensibility SDK to provide support for that class; as such, you can replace the support, but you won't be able to expand upon it with the .NET extesibility; this was my experience, anyways.

For your particular case, however, you can register your own filter function to SwfTable and make the determinations which columns are visible vs. not visible utilizing .Object instead.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Thanks John

Using the .Object definitely does the trick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

We are using UFT11.5 with .net addin , .net framework 4.5.2. I am trying to automate one .net windows based application where objects are identified as windows objects, where they are expected to be identified as .swf objects. I tried spying with .net spy it is saying, these are not .net objects. I tried all the possible options like

selecting record and run settings as "run on any opened windows based appication"

selecting .net adding with wpf etc.

These objects are windowsform10 objects. when application opened before opening UFT, these are identified. but these kind of forms wouldbe displayed during navigation of the application. I am unable to find the root cause of the issue. Please suggest is there any patch needed or any other options available to overcome this issue.

the following the code it is generated when tried to record

Window("Create Scheme_2").WinObject("WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.343d").Click 105,36
Window("Create Scheme_2").WinObject("WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.343d").Type "te"

Window("Create Scheme_2").WinObject("Next >").Click 24,8

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.