Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT OR losing properties of added objects

Hi,

I have multiple web objects added to my test. When i added them each object  had multiple properties (name,outertext etc..) and a value for that property and UFT was able to highlight those objects using the OR, i also ran the test few times without any issue. Today when i tried to run the script, it failed to recognize object. When i looked at the object properties in the OR, they were blank.

It is weird. When i added a property for a object (Say name for webedit) manually then all the property value reassigned to the object.

It looks like UFT is losing object property and when i help to add a or two property manually it gets them back.
what i don't understand is that why UFT removes the property of stored objects and how it gets them back without even runnig them ?

I face this issue frequently, any one else got this same issue or know the cause of issue ?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

@ishan

When you are verifying in later stage, is the object is in context?

When the object is not in context you dont see the properties, this is default behaviour of OR.

When the object comes to context, if fetch the values from the application and showup in OR.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.