Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT Object Identification no checked

Hello,

I'm on UFT 11.50 and I would like to identify an object name on web application.

I'm used the object spy tool and i don't get the object name checked.

An screenshot describe my problem. (See image)

I would like to have a weblist class but he (object spy tool) detects a webelement class. 

Can you help me please?

See you !

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UFT Object Identification no checked

Hi GiovanyP,

It seems like you are having custom web object in you application created combining more than 2 web objects.

Please refer to the solution provided in other forum post below.

http://community.hpe.com/t5/Unified-Functional-Testing/WEB-EDIT-WITH-COMBO-BOX/m-p/6858291#M20548

Thanks

Please accept this as solution if this solved your issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: UFT Object Identification no checked

RohitS1 is definitely right here. The object itself is constructed out of two web objects where the outermost object is defined as a WebElement, while the innermost is the desired object - in your matter a WebList.

My workaround for this type of problem is to handle it in a two-step activity where I first click on the desired WebObject and secondly manipulate/trigger the underlying WebList.

The most painstaking part of this process is to find and set the properties to uniquely identify the innermost object, but this is normally easy to manage by using Object Spy in a temporarily inactive mode by using it together with "CTRL".

See this thread for more information on how to identify child objects: How can I get UFT spy to find the object under an object.

Good luck!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.