Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

UFT One(15.0) script execution issue on Jenkins Windows VM

We are using Micro Focus Application Automation Tools plugin to execute UFT scripts on Windows VM.

• Jobs stuck until we physically login to VM (already logged in and disconnected) and then only it continue to start executing script.

We see below error when we abort the stuck job which uses plugin to run UFT scripts:

15:10:24 ============================================================================
15:10:24 12/05/2020 14:10:23 Running: C:\automation\APPLICATIONS\TST_...
16:05:12 ERROR: Failed running HpToolsLauncher - build aborted java.lang.InterruptedException
16:05:12 [TST_THUNDERCAT_SHOP] $ C:\automation\APPLICATIONS\TST_...\HpToolsAborter.exe props12052020191024080.txt
16:05:12 ============================================================================

As you can see job was stuck for almost an hour and when we aborted, it gave "Failed running HpToolsLauncher" error.

This issue was originally raised on:

https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-62167

Environment in use:

Jenkins version: 2.190.1
Micro Focus Application Automation Tools version: of 5.9
Jenkins agent OS: Windows 10
Java version: 8
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Did you try following Anda's suggestion to configure UFT to run on disconnected RDP?

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/15.0-15.0.1/UFT_Help/Content/User_Guide/RunYourTest_DisconnectedRDP.htm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi @StickyFingaz,

Thank you for your response.

We did everything per this link. We also had couple of calls with your team but still no luck.

Pls let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I'd suggest that you open a support case with us to further investigate.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

It's already opened. Please reach out to Anda if you need more info from UFT side.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If so please continue to work with our support and R&D engineers on that support case.

If you can PM me the case number, I can take a look at the details.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.