Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. fridlek Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UFT Oracle Radio Group Issue

Jump to solution

I have been trying for the last several days to get the following code to work consistently.

OracleFormWindow("title:= blah").OracleRadioGroup("developer name:= VRadioButton","x:= 63").Select "Opt1"

When run, this works about half the time. When I use the record function, the same thing happens, about half the time it works.

From what I can tell, it seems to work more consistently when the focus is not on the OracleFormWindow that contains the radio control.

Are there known issues with the Oracle Radio Group. I don't have these problems with WebRadioGroup.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: UFT Oracle Radio Group Issue

Jump to solution

I got this to work using JavaRadioButton instead of ORacleRadioGroup.

Browser("title:= Oracle Application Server Forms Services").Page("title:= Oracle Application Server Forms Services").JavaApplet("tagname:= Main").JavaInternalFrame("title:= blah").JavaRadioButton("label:= blah").Set "ON"

Leads me to believe there are issues with the OracleRadioGroup functionality that need to be investigated by HP.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Fridlek,

What is the Oracle version?

What patch do you have installed for UFT?

When it fails do you receive any error message? If yes what is the message?

If you try :

OracleFormWindow("title:= blah").OracleRadioGroup("developer name:= VRadioButton","x:= 63").click

OracleFormWindow("title:= blah").OracleRadioGroup("developer name:= VRadioButton","x:= 63").Select 1

It has the same behavior?

Regards,

HP support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Oracle Version 11g

I have installed QTPORACLE_00010.EXE

When it fails, it gives the following error:

"Cannot identify the object "[ OracleRadioGroup ]" (of class OracleRadioGroup)."

Same behavior if I try Click or Select.

I did find only one condition in which it works 100% of the time, which is detailed below:

1) Open Object Spy and spy the radiogroup in question

2) Close Object Spy

3) Go to line of code, and select Debug from this line

4) Step into the line of code

Result = Works

It's like the focus is off the form, and it works. Though when I tried to take the focus off by switching to a different window or browser and then executing the code, it didn't work. Only when I open and close the Object Spy does it work.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. bvalerio Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Based on the error message, it seems UFT couldn't find the object. The "Cannot identify the object" error message is documented in article below:

I recommend you to compare the object`s properties with the Object Spy against the code, adding more properties to make the object unique.

Could you please let us know if standard Record/Reply feature works against the Radio Group control? Without using Descriptive programming. Also, how can you have a patch for QTP 11.0 installed in UFT? Are you using QTP 11.0 or UFT 11.53?

Regards,

Bryan

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance".
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

If you had read my 2nd response you will see that it is not a "scripting" issue. It works when the "focus" is taken away from the form (either via descriptive programming OR record/playback) - See the steps outline in my 2nd response on how I got it to work  - which by the way, isn't acceptable. The script still hangs at this line of code, unless you kow of a way to kludge a work-around to programmatically open the Spy Object.

Adding more properties didn't help. I've been doing QTP scripting for 3 years, mostly on web apps, and not on Oracle forms, so I know most of the tricks to try. I've exhausted all other options for getting this to work.

Using QTP 11.

I'm thinking this is a bug with QTP.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I got this to work using JavaRadioButton instead of ORacleRadioGroup.

Browser("title:= Oracle Application Server Forms Services").Page("title:= Oracle Application Server Forms Services").JavaApplet("tagname:= Main").JavaInternalFrame("title:= blah").JavaRadioButton("label:= blah").Set "ON"

Leads me to believe there are issues with the OracleRadioGroup functionality that need to be investigated by HP.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.. bvalerio Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Good to hear the issue has been resolved.

There are known issue, similar to this one, documented in the Add-ins Guide and Knowledge Based:

Document KM00654607 - Where to find UFT 11.53 Product Manuals Online? -> HP UFT Add-ins Guide, page 244.

Document KM1190600 - Objects in Oracle application screen is reading partially as java class objects

Thank for sharing your solution.

Regards,

Bryan

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance".
Tags (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.