Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT Reports with Jenkins Plugin

I have been trying HP Mobile Center (which uses UFT to record the functional tests) and the HP Application Automation Tools Jenkins Plugin which automates running tests. 

This plugin has a Post-build Action called "Publish HP test results", which generates an archive with the results of the tests. This archive has a typical Results Viewer format, something like:

+ Report/

| - Act0/

| - Act 1/

| - Default.xls

| - Icons/

| - Results.xml

It is possible to view this report with the Results Viewer by opening the XML file, but not all computers where I can access Jenkins have HP UFT installed, so I was trying to find a way to generate a PDF or HTML report, viewable from Jenkins or from a computer without UFT installed. Is that possible? If so, how can I do it?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: UFT Reports with Jenkins Plugin

I believe you can install UFT Results Viewer as a standalone installation in all machines (Check with help desk)

You can write some script to export the results at the end of execution. Refer below script.

http://eyeontesting.com/questions/7187/need-uft-run-session-export-location-as-variable-i.html

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
Test Automation Ecstasy
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UFT Reports with Jenkins Plugin

Please take a look at the new feature in HP Jenkins Plugin, and HTML Report feature in UFT 12.5x. It can show the HTML Report on Jenkins.

http://community.hpe.com/t5/All-About-the-Apps/How-to-power-continuous-testing-with-Unified-Functional-Testing/ba-p/6800459#.VpdYVRHUg6Y

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.