Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UFT Results are not visible in Jenkins Report

I have a VM where UFT 12.52 and Jenkins Server are running. I can access Jenkins from my local computer and start the job, after the test is finished the results are published, but when I click on "run_results.html" it is an empty webpage (the run_results.xml it has the results but is not very user friendly). If I go on the VM where the Jenkins and UFT are running, and go into the Jenkins build folder and open the run_results.html I can see the results. What is wrong with the results from Jenkins? 

Note* If I download the zip from Jenkins with the report, the result are visible.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: UFT Results are not visible in Jenkins Report

The problem is related to the fact that Jenkins has a security policy which prevents Jenkins from running JavaScript, prevents plugin/object embedding in websites, doesn't permit inline CSS or images from other sites, blocks the use of frames and webfonts and restricts the use of XML HTTP Requests/AJAX.

More details on the security policy can be found here:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Configuring+Content+Security+Policy

To remove the restrictions you can run the following command from the Jenkins Script Console.
System.setProperty("hudson.model.DirectoryBrowserSupport.CSP", "")

More information on this can be found in the Automation Tools plugin site:
https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Micro+Focus+Application+Automation+Tools#MicroFocusApplicationAutomationTools-ContentSecurityPolicyHeader 

This allows test reports for UFT was well as LoadRunner and Performance Center to be viewed in Jenkins.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.