Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT Tool runs more than one iteration always-BUG FAOUND

Jump to solution

UFT (14) Tool runs more than one iteration for a single iteration . I have the following code-

Systemutil.Run "FlightsGUI.exe","","C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\samples\Flights Application\","open"
Const login = "devname:=HPE MyFlight Sample Application"
WpfWindow(login).WpfEdit("devname:=agentName").Set "john"
WpfWindow(login).WpfEdit("devname:=password").Set "hp"
WpfWindow(login).WpfButton("devname:=okButton").Click
WpfWindow(login).Close

Before trying the above code I added 3 rows/values in the global data sheet. But I deleted them all later. There's no object in repository."Data table iteration = run all rows" is set in File>Settings>Run . There is no entry in Tools> Data Driver. Why does it still run thrice, even when there is no rows in any datasheet. I reloaded the test script, yet all the same...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UFT Tool runs more than one iteration always(BUG FOUND)

Jump to solution

Even after deleting all data/values from EACH OF THE CELL from Global data sheet by Edit>Clear>All , my test script wud run thrice ( for Three previous global data sheet parameterized values ) . I had no clue as to why it is run thrice while the data sheet is empty. Then I Found that even the data sheet was empty, three block selection was shown in three rows ( but there was no value). Then I manually selected ALL THE ROWS (mouse click and drag), and then Edite>Clear>All , only then I was able to delete the values from the global data sheet and script runs once.  My question is how come the scipt runs for more than once when there is no data sheet rows/values. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Even after deleting all data/values from EACH OF THE CELL from Global data sheet by Edit>Clear>All , my test script wud run thrice ( for Three previous global data sheet parameterized values ) . I had no clue as to why it is run thrice while the data sheet is empty. Then I Found that even the data sheet was empty, three block selection was shown in three rows ( but there was no value). Then I manually selected ALL THE ROWS (mouse click and drag), and then Edite>Clear>All , only then I was able to delete the values from the global data sheet and script runs once.  My question is how come the scipt runs for more than once when there is no data sheet rows/values. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

It runs that way because clearing the cells does not deactivate them.  You need to highlight the active rows and choose edit>Delete or use ctrl+k.  What you want to pay attention too is the lines between the rows.  A greyish line denotes a non-active row, but a black line means the row above is active.  In your example the lines between rows 1-2, and 2-3 would be appearing in black.  Select all 3 rows and do the edit>delete and they should then appear grey which would give you just a single iteration. 

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Ya, I found that later, but this SHOULD HAVE BEEN Clarified in the DataTable by an warning or message , users will be easily misguided this way. The difference between "Clear" and "Delete" is not addressed anywhere . 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.