Highlighted
New Member.

UFT and Banner v9 AppNav (https://www.ellucian.com/solutions/banner-9-vision) hints and tips?

Hello community!

Our company recently upgraded from Banner v8 forms to Banner v9 AppNav (https://www.ellucian.com/solutions/banner-9-vision - used for educational institutions). The new version of Banner v9 AppNav is web-based and when I try recording in UFT, not all keystrokes are recorded. For example, if I tab between fields, that is not recorded. I'm using UFT v14 build 1775 and have tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

Does anyone have any hints and tips for the best way to create scripts for this application?

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Good day.

Could you please let us know what is the framework you are using in your application? 

We will be aware of your response.

Regards

Carlos Solis Perez

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

According to the Ellucian website, it's Ellucian Ethos framework . The old Banner v8 was Oracle Forms based while the new Banner v9 is web-based and the new webpages look like a web-based version of the Oracle Forms. The 'Set' command seems to work and I can see the value put into the field, but not many of the other commands seem to work - like the SetTOProperty didn't change the property and 'Click' didn't click. When I record in the new Banner v9, the 'Set' will record, but if I do a tab, then that doesn't record.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.