Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UFT experts: what happened to Action Split and OpenAndCheckout?

We recently moved from QTP10 to UFT12.02

UFT12.02 seems to be missing Action Split?

And more importantly the Open and Checkout function.  Now we have to Open the test (which downloads it) and then check it out (which downloads it again)

Any plans to put these features back into UFT?

Here's a screenshot of the features I'm referring to in QTP10

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: UFT experts: what happened to Action Split and OpenAndCheckout?

Hi Mark_Andrews,

I hope you have a nice day!

Regarding your question, on UFT 12.02 this options still exists but have been relocated. Please go to Resources -> Object Repository Manager. And on the Object Repository Manager window go to File -> ALM/QC Version Control, see screenshot below:

Best Regards,

Oscar Mendoza

HP Software Support.

[If this information solves or helps solve your issue, mark the correct one with “Accept as solution” or as “helpful”]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.

No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]

“Regards,

Oscar Mendoza| SW Technical Support Consultant.
Functional Testing
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Oscar,

That's not what I'm referring to.

Try this:

1) Connect UFT to ALM

2) in UFT, go to File > Open and find a test that's checked in

missing feature:

How do I BOTH open and checkout the test with a single mouse click?

That's the missing feature that was in QTP10

Now I have to open the test (wait for download) then checkout as you've shown (wait for download again). It wastes time.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Mark_Andrews

For this feature that you mention "Open and check out" on one single click, No, this is not implemented on current versions and there are no plans to do so because on QTP 10 integrations to QC version control mechanisms could be subject to different standards.

However we can say "yes" too because the newer versions follow more standards which allow detecting when something is check in or check out therefore if you need to edit something and the item is not check out the mechanism should ask if you want to check it ou or not.

Best Regards,

Oscar Mendoza

HP Software Support.

[If this information solves or helps solve your issue, mark the correct one with “Accept as solution” or as “helpful”]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.

No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]

“Regards,

Oscar Mendoza| SW Technical Support Consultant.
Functional Testing
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.