Captain
Captain

UFT on Citrix Installation and Authorization

Jump to solution

We are using UFT 14.53 on Citrix.  We need to secure the application so unauthorized people do not use it.  The License Server doesnt provide this type of functionality it just checks if a license is available. We have AD groups that manage our access rights.  We are unable to secure the app using our traditional AD/Citrix integration.  Is this prevented with the newer versions, it was working with our prior version.

TYIA!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you using xenapp or xendesktop? I don't think UFT is able to bypass Citrix's access control, I'd suggest that you check with your Citrix admin and review how UFT is being published.

On the other hand, our license server supports license pool feature so you should be able to control who can access the licenses there too, for more details please check the autopass license server guide.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, 

the license management is not changed as far as I know comparing to the earlier version. UFT license is not bound to the system authentication. 

Will you please specify the requirement more clearly. we will then review it and see how to proceed. 

thanks.

James

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

We currently have upgrade to 14.53 version of UFT.  We have limited global and site license, and the license server does not distinguish between licenses, it only checks if one is available.  In order to prevent license overages or unauthorized access, we have used AD groups in the past to authorize access to the software on the Citrix image.  This method of securing software does not work with 14.53, and we'd like to know/understand what has changed in the new version that would prevent our previous approach from working.

These are Windows 10 images if that helps.

TYIA!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you using xenapp or xendesktop? I don't think UFT is able to bypass Citrix's access control, I'd suggest that you check with your Citrix admin and review how UFT is being published.

On the other hand, our license server supports license pool feature so you should be able to control who can access the licenses there too, for more details please check the autopass license server guide.

View solution in original post

Captain
Captain

With our prior version of UFT we used Windows UAC to limit access to the software but 14.53 is not cooperating.  We use this process for many desktop apps, and they all work.

The app is installed on a Citrix workspace to answer your question.   

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you please clarify what you mean by "not cooperate"?

Also which UFT previous version you used?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.