Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT recorded testcases generate 'unspecified error' on playback for Delphi application

Hello,

I'm currently experimenting with the demo version of UFT v12.0.2 I want to automate a few functional testcases in a Delphi application (Delphi v7). I therefor only enable the Delphi plugin on startup of UFT.

As a first teststep I want to automate the login procedure.  This loginprocedure works in the following way:

1) first boot => user enters login and sets password.

2) second boot => login already filled in and password field blank.

I therefor start my recording starting from the second boot. see screenshot 'start situation'.

During my recording I merely enter my pasword: 'xxxxx'   (5 times X) and press the OK button.

Afterwards I stop recording.

When inspecting the code, I notice that the password is recorded as being encrypted via the .setSecure function. On playback this generates an error. I therefor create a parameter "pass" instead (which contains a string 'xxxxx') and alter the code in the following way:

DelphiWindow("DelphiWindow").DelphiEdit("DelphiEdit").Set Parameter("Pass")
DelphiWindow("DelphiWindow").DelphiButton("OK").Click

However on playback I receive the following errormessage: see screenshot 'error'

this error actually apears fro every bit of recording I try to playback.

I tried to figure out what cause this problem and might suspect two possible causes (but that's just my newbie conclusion)

- On inspecting the 'Active screen' tab I notice that the first image ( in which I enter the password)  already contains an image with the password field filled in, where I would expect the password field to be empty.  ( becauase it is filled with the parameter)

- When using the repository tool to inspect the elements I notice that the main login form is called 'DelphiWindow' => this is OK. The two textboxes however are both referenced as 'DelphiEdit'  but each with a different ordinal identifier value. When looking at the code however, no disctiction is made and only the reference 'DelphiEdit is shown.

Can anyone help me on this one please, since otherwise I'm completely stuck for my other tests as well.

P.S I encounter the similar issue when trying to automate completely different functionalities. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.