Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

UFT spy unable to identify mainframe app objects[TN3270 emulator]

Hi,

I have been trying to update my old script that was developed in QTP 11.0 in UFT 14.53, however object spy unable to identify the objects in mainframe application. i'm using TN3270 mainframe emulator.

I was successfully able to configure the TE emulator under GUI Testing->Terminal emulator section and upon clicking validate button it shows ok.

Also UFT is able to run the previously created script successfully but it is just that it does not able to identify objects like TeWindow->TeScreen->TeField. All it shows a WinObject in spy window.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Binny

4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Binny,

If you are using TE3270, please confirm below steps are done:

Vendor: IBM

Emulator: IBM PCom

Protocol: 3270

Once config done, restart Mainframe and check again.

Regards,

Sakthi

Regards,
Sakthirajan Kathirvel
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Sakthirajan,

I tried below steps, but it did not work. I'm getting message as 'cannot detect the emulator screen'

I'm using Whllapi.dll, while configuring. Do i need to use pcshll32.dll  ? 

Vendor: IBM

Emulator: IBM PCom

Protocol: 3270

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Sakthirajan , Could you please reply.

Thanks

Binny

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Binny, Sorry for late reply and inconvenience. Please check with micro-focus support team.

Regards,
Sakthirajan Kathirvel
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.