UFT support tip: How configure Solution manager 7.1 to work with UFT
You (or a Solution Manager System Administrator) must install the appropriate support package and configure the Solution Manager server to work with UFT.
Set external tool parameters in the ECCUST_ET table
This step enables Solution Manager to communicate with UFT. (You perform this procedure only once in the system.)
1. Navigate to transaction se17. The General Table Display window opens.
2. In the Table Name box, enter ECCUST_ET and press ENTER.
3. The Display Table ECCUST_ET window opens and displays an empty table with the required parameter names.
4. Enter the values exactly as shown below:
Note: You can also use the function module SET_EXTERNAL_TOOL to create entries in the customizing table. For details, see your Solution Manager documentation.
Apply necessary roles or profiles to Solution Manager-UFT Users
1. Make sure you have permission to:
- Run Solution Manager scripts
- Edit Solution Manager scripts
- Work with an external tool (UFT) in integrated mode
- Connect to Solution Manager from an external tool (UFT) in standalone mode
2. Confirm with your system administrator that the user name you use is assigned the necessary roles or profiles to perform the above tasks before you begin working with the UFT-Solution Manager integration. For example, to work with UFT in standalone mode, you must be assigned the role S_ECET or the profile SAP_ECET in the Solution Manager system. This is because each of these tasks requires special roles or profiles.
For details, contact your system administrator or see your SAP and Solution Manager documentation.
Register UFT to work with Solution Manager
To enable UFT to communicate with Solution Manager, you must register UFT and then verify the registration. You perform this procedure only once in the system.
1. Navigate to transaction SPRO, click SAP Reference IMG, and browse to SAP Solution Manager > Capabilities (Optional) > Test Management > External Integration > External Test Tool with eCATT > Register Test Tool.
2. Click New Entries.
3. Enter the values exactly as shown below:
4. Navigate to transaction SM30, and enter V_AGS_SMT_TCT, as shown in the example below.
5. Click Display and verify that a row exists with the following information:
UFT is now registered to work with your SAP application.
You can find these details on the Add-is guide of UFT 11.53 from page 324 to 326