Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT unable to expand "+" button using clickhier

Hi All,

I am using UFT 12.1 and testing Siebel application. I have to click on "+" button to expand the hierarchy.

When I recorded it, UFT was able to record properly, but while running, its unable to expand the "+" button. 

There are 3 levels of hierrarchy and UFT is able to clcik on the first 2 times and able to expand. However, it is not able to expand the 3'rd level of hierarchy.

It executes that line of code , but no error thrown and no action for that line of code.

Below is the code snippet. Appreciate your advise and inputs. Kindly help. Any other method to record this? I am unable to get the object properties through object spy

SiebApplication("711 SH UAT Siebel").SiebScreen("Sales Orders").SiebView("Line Items").SiebApplet("Line Items").SiebList("List").ClickHier
SiebApplication("711 SH UAT Siebel").SiebScreen("Sales Orders").SiebView("Line Items").SiebApplet("Line Items").SiebList("List").ActivateRow 2
SiebApplication("711 SH UAT Siebel").SiebScreen("Sales Orders").SiebView("Line Items").SiebApplet("Line Items").SiebList("List").ClickHier
SiebApplication("711 SH UAT Siebel").SiebScreen("Sales Orders").SiebView("Line Items").SiebApplet("Line Items").SiebList("List").ActivateRow 3

Regards,

Janani

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: UFT unable to expand "+" button using clickhier

Basically Activate will do double-click or return key by selecting the item.

Try like;

Expand Root item

Expand Sub item Level1

Expand Sub item Level2

Then Activate final item.

Get the items dynamically and do it. Also ensure the items list and count will change for each expand or collapse I believe. SO get the item dynamically and loop it to find your item and expand/activate.

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
Test Automation Ecstasy
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UFT unable to expand "+" button using clickhier

ya_dynamicallay_giving_the_values_but_it does not click on the last row i.e does not expand the last row can someone help?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.