Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

UFT11.51 Sync method doesn't seem to be using Browser Navigation Timeout

HI,

In our QTP tests we used an increased Browser Navigation Timeout to accomodate pages that were slow to appear.

So when we used Browser().Sync or Browser().Page().Sync QTP seemed to use a combination of Browser Navigation Timeout and Object Synchronisation Timeout to calculate the total time to wait.

In UFT these tests now fail because UFT appears to only use the Object Synchronisation Timeout.

Does this make sense and has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks

Jon

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

john, is your browser's qtp addon, BHOManager is enabled? if not enable it and then try sync property. i have faced this issue when i upgraded from IE7.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class

Yes, BHOManager is enabled.
Thanks
Jon
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

QTP is quite good when it comes to basic sync but things get complex when AJAX components come into play. I recommmend you to use a combination fo checking the object's visibility/display along with the .Exist method to really know if the page has completely loaded.  An example here: http://relevantcodes.com/qtp-synchronization-for-ajax-applications/

--
Anshoo Arora
Relevant Codes
LinkedIn
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class

I'm not asking for advice on how to perform synchronisation in our scripts - we know how to do that and we already do it in countless situations.

What I'm reporting is the fact that on our systems UFT 11.51 behaves differently from QTP 11 in that it doesn't appear to use the Browser Navigation Timeout after sync calls. This seems to us to be a fundamental aspect of QTP/UFT script playback and I'm surprised no one else has seen this behaviour. I'll raise a support call with HP.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.