Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT12.5 is unable to recognize firefox 36.0.4 nor 39 nor 40 or 41

Hi

UFT12.5 is unable to recognize firefox 36.0.4 nor 39 nor 40 or 41,the addin HP Functional Testing Agent 12.50.3785.0 is installed and it is in enabled state on firefox

it was working yesterday and after a reboot today morning it stopped working, firefox automatic updates or turned off and I am opening the browser after opening the tool.

but the script that i used yesterday or still working today , but the object spy is not recognizing the browser, they are being read as windows application today.

I am doing a POC for a client and it is very imp that i can complete it before making a decisions to purchase the tool or not.yes i am using a trial version

Thanks
Ravi

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: UFT12.5 is unable to recognize firefox 36.0.4 nor 39 nor 40 or 41

Believe you should have followed these too.

- Enabled required Add-ins only while launching

- Web app - Web >> Record and run test on any open browser

- Launch UFT/QTP and then AUT

- Ensure browser zoom level set to 100%

- Disabling the protected mode in IE for web

- Launch UFT and AUT using RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
Test Automation Ecstasy
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Done everthing,but stil not working

Spoiler

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Disable all Toolbars & Addons except the one for UFT. See if that works.

Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Might be a long shot, but try to re-install the add-in.

Navigate to "<UFT Installation package>\DVD_Wix\Unified Functional Testing\MSI\HP\Unified Functional Testing\Installations\Firefox" and drag the "Agent.xpi" file into an open Firefox window.

Then Firefox will prompt you to install the agent again.

Good luck!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.