Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UFT12.54 did not work on Firefox version49

Hello All,

I created script based on IE, and also I can run it in Chrome.

I have turned on the "HP Functional Test Agent", but I still cannot run it in Firefox V49, I checked POM, it said it support Firefox V49.

What else should I do to let the script also can work on Firefox?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jessica

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UFT12.54 did not work on Firefox version49

Hi Jessica

We woudl like little more detail about this issue, you have done what is needed in order for UFT to recognize FF browser. So question is do you have web recognition at all, I mean if you open FF navigate to some web site then try to spy what kind of recognition do you get?

In case you get Standard Windows recognition (not web recognition) with Spy try 80% Zoom in FF then try again.

Best
Fabio

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your response.

Even I tried zoom to 80%, when I am using "Object Spy", I can only get Window object, I cannot get detail object something like link etc.

What else should I do to make it work?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jessica

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jessica

Please try these steps to manually install the UFT agent:

1. Open Firefox and navigate to about:config
  2. Find the config entry xpinstall.signatures.required, and double click it to set it to false
  3. Navigate to about:addons and disable HPE Testing Agent
  4. Click the dropdown “Tools for all Addons” settings icon, and select option : “install add-on from file”
  5. Select file C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\Installations\Firefox\Agent.xpi
  6. Once install is completed enable it and re-start firefox
  7. Try web object recognition with UFT again, Make sure Record-> Record and Run Settings in UFT is set to “Record in any open browser”

If this still does not work then we should do more troubleshooting and collect the console log for which I would recommend opening a support case.

Best

Fabio

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Fabio,

I followed your steps to manually installed the UFT agent but unfortunately I still only get window object when I am using "Object Spy".

Please advise what is the next step should I try.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jessica

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jessica

I'd recommend to open a formal support case and conduct more troubleshooting may require a webex meeting, if you agree please open suport case and add note so I can take the case and keep working with you to resolve the issue.

Best

Fabio

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.