Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

UFT14.0x and ALM12.60

Hello, we are having issues when trying to connect from UFT14.0x to ALM12.60. The error we receive is that the user is not assigned to any project, altough it is. I know that in the UFT PAM it is stated that only UFT14.50 is supported with ALM12.60, however we need to use earlier UFT versions as well. Has someone else faced this problem and is there any solution/workaround? Any input is highly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello,

Hope that you are okay,

You are correct, the PAM states that ALM 12.60 is compatible with UFT 14.50 ( https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/PAM/UFT_14.xx_PAM.pdf )

Now if understood correctly, you are facing this on any other version of UFT that it is not 14.50, if that is correct, my personal recommendation will be to either reach UFT or ALM support team or to your sales representative so you can try to have support for that older versions of UFT with ALM 12.60, can not guarantee that it is going to happen but you ca try , The reason that i am saying this is because Microfocus can not guarantee a proper functionality of the tools if there are nt supported, also i have not heard of any workarounds for this or reports of this issue.

Now where exactly are you receiving this error/issue, is while trying to connect to the ALM server or is it while trying to run a test. And also 14.50 in your environment is not being affected by this correct?

Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.