Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

UI Automation in UFT 12.52: keeps saying for Windows-based apps only. Please clarify...

Some UI Automation examples show support for Telerik (FINALLY) controls now but description shows for Windows-based apps only.  I hope that doesn't mean Windows apps only.  We have Web apps that use Telerik controls and I am hoping that I can finally use UFT with UI Automation add-in to handle them.

Please clarify if this UI Automation can be used for Web apps too.

I'm hoping they meant applications developed for Windows (web or non-web included).

Also, I wanted to know if this UI Automation framework will work with Windows 7?

Thanks.

Gilbert

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Molina,

I hope you have a nice day!

Regarding your quesiton, UFT 12.52 have been QA tested with Telerik UI for Windows Forms, Telerik UI for .NET WPF, and JavaFX.

We based our support on the UI Automation framework.

So only way to know for sure if your application could be automated would be to test it.

Enable UI Automation support

Use the UFT UI Automation support with any Windows-based application that has implemented UI Automation provider interfaces. The support is loaded as with other add-ins, by selecting UI Automation in the Add-ins Manager when starting UFT.

When in use, UFT UI Automation support overrides other technology support. UI Automation support can be used with existing technology support, but not at the same time.

If you need to know more about How to use UFT UI Automation support you can refer to the UFT Help.

Regarding

Best Regards,

Oscar Mendoza

HP Software Support.

[If this information solves or helps solve your issue, mark the correct one with “Accept as solution” or as “helpful”]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.

No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]

“Regards,

Oscar Mendoza| SW Technical Support Consultant.
Functional Testing
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Sorry Oscar. Everything you said is what's there already in the UFT Help / What's new in UFT 12.52.

Maybe I'm the only one that gets confused with "Windows-based applications". Maybe it really means all applications developed for Windows OS including web and non-web apps.

If that is the case then no further clarification is needed.

When people say "Windows apps", we used to refer to them as the apps in Windows OS that don't use the web browsers. NotePad, Calculator, etc.

Thanks for the reply anyway. Maybe someone out there had tried this UI Automation framework and would like to add more comments.  Yes, when I get the chance, I will try out this new feature.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.