Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to interact with Calendar using QTP

Hi all,

Can anyone help me out.

I am unable to enter a value in Calendar.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have given  xpath also.... Still it is throwing error as 

"The test run cannot continue due to an unrecovarable error."

Cannot identify the Object "Sel_Date" (of class WebButton)

Verify that this object's Properities match an object currently displayed in your application.

Line(67): "Browser("Login").Page("123").WebButton("Set_Date").Click"

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Calendar is a complex object to automate, unless it is a straight forward three drop downs for Day,year and month

You would have to write functions to convert a given date to 'months', 'day' and 'year' for eg: 10/5/2016 should give us

10-October - Oct

5 - 5(Day 5 of october)

2016 - year 2016

Now you would have to created descriptions for each entity for your UI. Start with year, month and date. 

If description matches click on that object. Basically it should work like below

Select year 2016 - (Collections of years)

Select month October (Collections of months)

Select day 5.(Collections of Days)

The above solution should work for any date you give to function.

The above is just a hint on how I would approach the situation. To get more specific response, you would have to share details of how your UI looks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.