Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Unable to launch UFT 11.5 from Solution Manager 7.2

I have two queries:

1.I am trying to integrate solution manager and UFT. I am being able to connect Solution Manager from UFT. But when I am trying to launch UFT from Solution Manager, its failing giving an error message which you can see in the attached screenshot "Solman.png". Please tell us how we can solve this issue.

2. After automating a script in UFT, when I am saving it in Solman, where is it getting saved? Is there any proper folder structure from where we can view the automated test scripts from Solman? I am being able to view it from the Solution Manager worklist, but I am not sure what the path is.

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Sateesha,

I am not able to see any screenshot attached.

The first point here is that version 7.2 is not supported, even with latest patch for UFT which is 11.53 the suported version of Solution Manager is 7.1

So I recomend you to install this version as first step and then configure the  Solmon to work with UFT

How to Configure Solution Manager to Work with UFT

Prerequisites
    You (or a Solution Manager system administrator) must install the appropriate support package and configure the    Solution Manager server to work with UFT.
    Set external tool parameters in the ECCUST_ET table This step enables Solution Manager to communicate with UFT. (You perform this procedure only once in the system.)
    1. Navigate to transaction se17. The General Table Display window opens.
    2. In the Table Name box, enter ECCUST_ET and press ENTER.
    3. The Display Table ECCUST_ET window opens and displays an empty table with the required parameter names.
    4. Enter the values exactly as shown below:

Note: You can also use the function module SET_EXTERNAL_TOOL to create entries in the customizing table. For setails, see your Solution Manager documentation.

Apply necessary roles or profiles to Solution Manager-UFT Users
    1. Make sure you have permission to:
     - Run Solution Manager scripts
     - Edit Solution Manager scripts
     - Work with an external tool (UFT) in integrated mode
     - Connect to Solution Manager from an external tool (UFT) in standalone mode
     2. Confirm with your system administrator that the user name you use is assigned the necessary roles or profiles to perform the above tasks before you begin working with the UFT-Solution Manager integration. For example, to work with UFT in standalone mode, you must be assigned the role S_ECET or the profile SAP_ECET in the Solution Manager system. This is because each of these tasks requires special roles or profiles.

For details, contact your system administrator or see your SAP and Solution Manager documentation.

Register UFT to work with Solution Manager
    To enable UFT to communicate with Solution Manager, you must register UFT and then verify the registration. You perform this procedure only once in the system.
    1. Navigate to transaction SPRO, click SAP Reference IMG, and browse to SAP Solution Manager > Capabilities (Optional) > Test Management > External Integration > External Test Tool with eCATT > Register Test Tool.
    2. Click New Entries.
    3. Enter the values exactly as shown below:

4. Navigate to transaction SM30, and enter V_AGS_SMT_TCT, as shown in the example below.

5. Click Display and verify that a row exists with the following information:       

UFT is now registered to work with your SAP application.

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

I am sorry..i have Solution Manager 7.1 only.

All the steps you have mentioned above are already done.

I am also getting the correct options in the table V_AGS_SMT_TCT. But still I am unable to launch UFT from Solution Manager.

And Please tell me how to add screenshots here.I am not being able to.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Sure, 

From the toolbar of the post, select the icon Insert/edit image

This will open a window where you can select the image file

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

This is the error that I am getting when I am trying to launch UFT from Solution Manager from the tcode Solar02:

And this is the screenshot of the table V_AGS_SMT_TCT from the tcode SM30:

Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello,

I would suggest first check with your Administrator the SAP Roles or profiles, and then check the Password.

Regards,

Bryan

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank you very much for the screenshots Satheesha,

-What is exactly the UFT version?

-Do you have sprinter or Load runner installed on that machine? If yes, what version?

-Did you have QTP installed on that machine before UFT?

-What is the Operating system version?

-If is windows 7 or vista do you have the User account control disable?

-I see you are trying to launch test from integrated mode.

What happen if you launch the test directly from UFT (Standalone mode)?

Note: you can check UFT Add-ins guide  on Page 340 to check the differences between integrated and standalone modes.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

-UFT 11.5

-No sprinter or loadrunner is not installed.

-yes I had QTP installed before UFT.

-Windows 7

-Yes user account control is disabled

-Yes I am being able to launch a new twst from UFT and save it in Solman. But when I amtrying to launch UFT from Solman, its not happening then.

@Bryan-Ya I should check that again although I think they have already been added.

Are there any other roles or profiles that needs to be added other than these?

SAP_BC_STWB_2_ALL

SAP_ECET

SAP_S_RFCACL

SAP_SM_ECET

Along with RFC and Trusted RFC roles

Profiles:

S_ECET_RFC

User ECATT_ET_USR is created and assigned with role SAP_ECET and profile S_ECET_RFC

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Regarding your role question basically confirm with your system administrator that the user name you use is assigned the necessary roles or profiles to perform: 

- Run Solution Manager scripts.
     - Edit Solution Manager scripts.
     - Work with an external tool (UFT) in integrated mode.
     - Connect to Solution Manager from an external tool (UFT) in standalone mode.

Regards.

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I am sure all that is done properly.

I have also installed the service pack for UFT 11.53 in my system.

But still no luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

In this case I recomend you to open a case with support in order abord this with troubleshooting and check directly on the machine.

Regards

HP support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi All,

I know the post is old, but i'm facing a similar issue with Solution Manager 7.2 and UFT 14.53 where i'm facing the error message "External Test tool UNIFIED FUNCTIONAL TESTING Not Installed or No Licence Available", But i'm using a Enterprise License.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.