Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to retrieve err.description from the invoked test script in UFT 12.01

Hi,

I have come accross with an issue with UFT while performing an error handling to the framework i have developed.

Details:

I have created few library files(.qfl) which evolves functions related to application and other generic function related to framework. 

I have a driver script which invokes the test scripts created for the test scenarios.

Issue: When i run the driver script and which will invoke other test script (as directed by the user using the flag enabled at excel file), when i perform error handling at the invoked test script(on error resume next), only the error number will be displayed but the error description is displayed as blank. But if i run only the test script without using the driver script i am able to get the err.description..

Please note, every files are loaded in run time.

I have also checked by associating the qfl files manually before the execution, but still result remains the same.

Please suggest me a solution.

Thanks in Advance

Bharath HS

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.