Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.
280 views

Unexplained slowdown during test execution

Hi all,

We've been working with some Web SAP interfaces and we have just recently started noticing this issue. The system we are working with has a table of unknown size from where we need to find correct entry. The current script uses a simple function to iterate through the table, each row data from single cell is captured and compared to the datatable, if it is not correct the script clicks once the "scrolldown" button and then reads next row. If correct row is found, the row number is saved and script continues to next step. This first run is approximately 0,50 - 1 seconds for one row.

After the first run the entry should be removed from the table and to confirm it has happened the function is ran again - Once the final row has been reached without finding the entry, the script continues again to next steps. The issue is that there is a significant slowdown for the second run, we are talking about tens of minutes for some 50-100 rows.

One clue I found was that if I waited for long enough during the second run and then pressed pause (or stop) the script would THEN start running through the table. It's as if UFT was buffering all actions without progressing the script at all - Once it went through around 150 entries before actually stopping. Note that the function is exactly the same (not using any parameters except for the ID that is used to identify the correct row) and objects used are exactly the same between runs and it is always the second run in the iteration - even if I ran the same script multiple iterations on one go. After run the results do not indicate any issues in object identification or anything else, just the intended actions in there.

The setup we are using here is UFT 14.52 with scripts being stored in ALM version 12.60 and the application is SAP WebDynPro running in IE 11 - The scripts have been developed in UFT 14.51 and there are no other issues that we have noticed.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hello Morkkis.

 

We have some questions:

 

What kind of application you are testing, web or desktop?

 

Does issue happened before? or is this the first time?

 

What about if you try with a copy of script you are using?

 

We will be aware of yourresponse

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

The application runs on SAP Dyn6Pro interface and is used in Internet Explorer. This issue has not happened before, it is also never happening when initially accessing the application but rather slows down during the run so that first time running through the table it works normally but later when we need to confirm that the entry is removed from the table the run goes extremely slow.

Copying and running the script from elsewhere did not provide changes to the behaviour of the script. The actions seem to still going to a buffer of sorts and if I wait for a while before pausing the execution it runs multiple steps before actually pausing. The object recognition is not throwing any errors and smart identification has been turned completely off from every object.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.