Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrading from QC 9.2 to 12.01 and QTP 9/11 to UFT 12.01

Hi,

I have just upgraded from QC 9.2 to 12.01 and QTP 9/11 to UFT 12.01.

We have upgraded the QC projects (double upgrade going first to QC 11) and run the QTP asset updater on the projects with QTP tests in. Is there anything else we need to do to get the tests working in UFT 12?

In some of the asset update batches we saw issues with conversion of attachments, usually because they were missing. How do we resolve this? If we can find the attachmnets what actions do we need to take?
The missing information is from the asset upgrade text log file or command window output. The HTML file that is produced for logging does not give much information for ailure reason, it just lists the attachments and says upgrade status failed.

Any help appreciated as some projects have about 4000 tests.

Andy

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrading from QC 9.2 to 12.01 and QTP 9/11 to UFT 12.01

Hi Andy,

I hope you are doing fine!

Let me remind you regarding UFT side, the upgrade of the code is requried to be completed manually if the script contains details about a Object repository or location of the attachements in this case. Let me comment you that UFT tool has a mode to provide some help in this procedure, Update-Run mode will allow you to update the script lines that are not able to be found as required for the tool.

So far there is no offical documentation about the steps but this external details can be useful in order to understand the information I've commented you before:

http://checkpointech.com/blog/using-maintenance-run-mode-in-qtpuft/

http://www.h2kinfosys.com/qtp-uft/maintenance-run-mode-in-qtp/

I hope this can be useful

Andrés J. Brenes
HP Software Support.
[If this information solves or helps solve your issue, mark the correct one with "Accept as solution" or as "helpful"]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.
No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.