Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

WebTable Identification

QTP 11.0 is not able to identify the Webtable in my applicaton due to unavailability of mandatory properties and the relevant optional properties (Index Number) are getting changed dynamically.  In our application the HTML id is blank for webtables.  We tried to use the DIV tag ID and XPATH properties manually to identify the webtable, but QTP did not identify the webtable.  We need a solution or workaround to identify the webtable by any of the unique properties.  Is there any way to reolve this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member..

Hi Suxette,

If there are any dynamic properties, you can use regular expressions to identify the webtable at runtime.

Here is a KB article that talks about how to use regular expressions: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM205585

Thanks,

Braulio

HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Dear Suxette,

How are you? I hope you are fine 🙂

Additionally to the above point, please ensure, that the patches QTP_00709 and QTPWEB_00090 are installed, as they are mandatory and fix a list of issues.

Please also note, that, if the Web Table is recognized as WebElement only, it is most likely, that it is a customized control. In such a case, you would need to know, which toolkit was used. We provide Test Objects for a few toolkits, like ASPAjax or some versions of GWT, which can be installed through the normal setup. If the toolkit is not supported, please install and try to use the Web Extensibility SDK.

Best regards,

Tino Pacholski

Functional Testing Support Engineer

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]
0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

I have the same issue and found that I can get around it by using a regular expression on the constant text and column names attributes.  I use descriptive programming in the script but you can change your settings for how QTP "learns" objects to simply pick up the column names and text properties when you learn them o the OR.  Then apply your regular expression as needed.  It works great for me...should for you too if the column names are exposed...Go to your Tools-->Object Identification menu option and make the needed changes to the mandatory properties list...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.