Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

What Virtual Machine configuration/specs do I need for working with UFT, POS automation ?

Hi guys,

I'm new with UFT automation for POS (Point of Sale).

I wanna ask a question: What Virtual Machine configuration/specs do I need for working smoothly with ALM, UFT, POS automation ? 

Thanks,

Jason

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: What Virtual Machine configuration/specs do I need for working with UFT, POS automation ?

I'd suggest dual core and 4GB ram just for UFT, but you need to take into consideration of how much resource the POS needs.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: What Virtual Machine configuration/specs do I need for working with UFT, POS automation ?

Thanks Sticky.
I'm using a virtual machine having the specs: Intel Core i7 - 3.4Ghz, Ram 8GB but when I run scripts from UFT, the screen is freezed after running a few times. I don't know which the specs of the machine that I can work with UFT smoothly.
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Things can be tricky for VMs because in general disk IO can be so much worse that it causes unexpected issues. If possible please try with a physical machine, if the same issue is there, you might want to raise a formal support ticket with us.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.