Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

When running Tests from QC, QTP stops identifying Internet explorer after first test completes

Hi,

I'm running Test set/batch placed in QC. There are 5 test scripts lined up for execution in a sequence (one after another based on the condition).

Issue:

QTP opens IE browser in the first script and login to the application successfully,

However in second script it doesn't identify the IE object.

Strange part  is if I close and Open the browser same scripts works fine. It seems QTP is getting closed/Reopened when QC executes the second Test.

Note:

1. In Remote agent setting, I have already Checked the option " Keep Quick Test open after test lab session ends"

Environment:

Win 7 64 bit

QTP 11.0

IE 9.0.12

FYI, this issue is also observed on few Win XP machines.

Thanks,

Parveen

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: When running Tests from QC, QTP stops identifying Internet explorer after first test completes

just making sure..

have you any browser opened BEFORE starting execution.

if yes you should not 😉

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: When running Tests from QC, QTP stops identifying Internet explorer after first test completes

Hi Parveen,

In the Remote Agent settings, make sure that the Cleanup section has the "Restart testing tool after" option set to '0' runs, otherwise it will restart QTP and the IE browser that is currently open will not be identified.

Regards,

Braulio

HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.