Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

When running a script, record and stop button vanish and nothing more happens

I'm running version 14.00

I load an existing script that I have used many times before, when I click run, the menubar changes and the record button and stop button vanish, but nothing more happens. Se attached screenshot. 

So nothing happens after this? If the script didn't start I would have thought that the record button would show again. And I would have thought that it should be possible to stop the script. 

I have tried on 2 different pc's now and the same thing happens.  I'm lost in what this could be, is there anyone else that have experienced this?  My first thought was, could it be that the run windows is opening on a screen that I haven't on the current pc? That it remembers in what screen it opened before? But when using Alt + tab I can't see the run window. 

All hints will be highly appriciated. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Guess there's some sort of incompatibility between Windows updates & UFT. You could try a couple of things.

1) Create a  new test and run it. Check to see if it runs fine and the buttons are displayed. If it works, then we can assume it's the test that's problematic.

2) Try re-installing the Microsoft Script Debugger. You can get the installer from the Installation Source or from here (Download the attachment from the first response).

3) if none works, either try to re-install 14.0 or upgrade to the latest version 14.50 🙂

New Member.

@Odd-Arne 

I am having this same issue on ver 12.54 after a security update to the machine, did @RajkumarR advice fix your issue?  Or did you find a solution?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Nope, never got it working again.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

thanks for the quick response.
I'll try re-installing UFT. unfortunately we don't have admin rights so it complicates the process.
If I find a solution i'll post it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

I tried reinstalling without any luck. Yes please post if you find a solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.