Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

dropdown (SAPList) cannot select problem

Hello All experts,

I am using UFT12.54 and SAP add-in.

I have a dropdown recognized as a SAPList on the screen, when I coded as below and run it, I keep getting "The parameter is incorrect." error. Please tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jessica

------------------

Browser("Test").Page("Test").Frame("isolatedWorkArea").SAPList("html id:=DropDown1").Select "#1"
Browser("Test").Page("Test").Frame("isolatedWorkArea").SAPList("html id:=DropDown2").Select "Option 2"

0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi there,

Could you please share the native class name (you may use object spy and check under native properties) of the SAPList runtime object UFT is interacting with?

Also, please send me {UFT installation}\dat\SAPConfiguration.xml file.

Thanks,
Alvaro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Alvaro,

Thanks for your reply.

Below is the Native information for the SAPList.

className: urEdf2TxtEnbl lsEdfLeftBrdRadius lsEdf3TxtHlpBtn lsControl--explicitwidth

I also attached the SAPConfiguration.xml file.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jessica

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Alvaro,

I cannot upload the file with xml extention, so I copied the content,  and it is too long to paste here.

Could you please send me your email address so I can send your email?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jessica

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jessica,

I didn't find the file. Could you please try uploading again?

Regards,
Alvaro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Alvaro,

I tried but cannot upload xml file.

Can I email to you?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jessica

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

OK, no problem. Could you please try uploading the file to this FTP (open the URL using Windows Explorer):
ftp://SC106c59:BY5zb_IV@h3.ext.hpe.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I have uploaded the xml, please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jessica,

I uploaded SAPConfiguration.xml.new file on the same FTP:
- Rename the original one (i.e: SAPConfiguration.xml.original)
- Copy the new one in the same directory (make sure you remove .new from its name)
- Restart UFT
Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Alvaro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Alvaro,

Thanks you for your effort!

I tried your new configuration file but unfortunately, I still got "The parameter is incorrect" error at the runtime.

Best Regards,

Jessica

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jessica,

I've been trying to reproduce this issue from my end; however, it is working fine for me. I guess there might be something different in your application or environment.
My advice is to open a formal support case for this one so we can investigate further.

In the meantime, revert back to the original configuration file.
Kindly,
Alvaro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Alvaro,

Are you using SAP7.40? 

My colledge created a formal support case several days ago, but unfortunately just got reply that UFT12.54 did not support SAP7.40.

Best Regards,

Jessica

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.