Highlighted
Andrea P Contributor.
Contributor.

exist does not wait

Hi, i have a problem with an object.

i use this code to wait that the object is ready in the browser:

Browser("Esselunga a casa - Checkout").Page("Esselunga a casa - Checkout").WebButton("button_Paypal").Exist(25)

But in run if the object doesn't exist he does not wait any second.

the same for this code:

Browser("Esselunga a casa - Checkout").Page("Esselunga a casa - Checkout").WebButton("button_Paypal").WaitProperty("visible",true,15)

the default timeout is 20 second. smart identification is off.

thank you all for your help

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: exist does not wait

hi, there

i used the code below and the execution lasted 100 seconds as expected. 

if Browser("百度一下,你就知道").Page("百度一下,你就知道").WebButton("百度一下").Exist(100) then
    msgbox 1
Else 
    msgbox 2
End If

May i understand what UFT version you're using?

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Andrea P Contributor.
Contributor.

My uft version is 14.53 build 3529

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Have you considered using a WaitProperty method, it is more efficient than hard-coded waits, Wait for object to be visible perhaps.

Mark 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I think it will be helpful if you can share the test result, could you run it again and upload the test result html here?

0 Likes
Andrea P Contributor.
Contributor.

I have try to use the wait property but it does not wait in the same way as exist

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

As @StickyFingaz  suggests post a code snippet of the Wait and Wait property that are failing.

I'm assuming the TE properties are the same as the RO properties (i.e. the object properties are not dynamic)

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.