<UFT Support Tip> Error : Failure in accessing the license file.
The following error message occurs when installing a seat license:
‘Failed to install the license key.
Error : Failure in accessing the license file.’
Install the seat license manually:
- Close all applications on the UFT machine.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the directory containing the lservrc file: %programdata%\HP\Functional testing\License\lservrc
- Make a backup of the lservrc file.
- Open the lservrc file from this directory in Notepad.
NOTE: If there is no such file, create a new file without an extension.
5. Insert a new line at the end of the file.
6. Add the license key code.
Important: Make sure of appending the "#" (pound) symbol at end of string (also known as license key).
7. Save the file.
8. Launch UFT to verify the license installed properly.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.