< (UFT) Support Tip > How to include a custom attribute in Web applications.
If a custom property for the Web controls is created by a developer for a specific application is nessesary to follow a few steps to make UFT recognize this custom propertie.
1. From UFT>Tools>Object Identification…
2. Select the Web technology and then select WebEdit control
3. Click on Add/Remove button for Mandatory Properties box
4. A pop up window appears showing all the properties, click on New button
5. There you need to add the custom property name however you need to add a prefix “attribute/” in order to make it visible
6. Based on the sample you send that property will be “attribute/automationid”
7. Click on ok
8. Ensure that the new attribute is checked in the property window
9. Click OK
10. Then you will see the property in the Object identification window
11. After that if you use Object spy you will be able to see the value.
You can find this information on Kb article KM193786
If you find this useful, mark Kudos.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.