<UFT Support Tip>: Sprinter Error: A communication error occurred.
Upon launching Sprinter, the following error happens:
A communication error occurred. You will be unable to run tests stored in ALM through Sprinter or user Power Mode until you resolve the problem
The following KB article explained how to resolve the error message issue, so we need to perform the following instructions:
Error: A communication error occurred. You will be unable to run tests stored in...
1. With administrator rights:
Configure/Modify under <Sprinter>\bin\InstallHelper.exe.config same as done for Sprinter.exe.config:
- Close Sprinter.exe, SprinterAgent.exe (and if present SprinterRTE.exe)
- Navigate to <Sprinter>\Bin\
- Find the following these configuration files:
Verify that that the file has <add key="InspectionPort" value="8085"/>. NOTE: Sprinter 12.x uses port 8085
2. Then also using admin rights user, run these 3 commands in the cmd prompt (Go to Start -> Run -> type “cmd”) :
netsh http add urlacl url=http://+:<port>/HP_Sprinter_Agent_Service_Inspection/ user=<non-admin-user or user group>
netsh http add urlacl url=http://+:<port>/HP_Sprinter_Station_Service_Inspection/ user=<non-admin-user or user group>
netsh http add urlacl url=http://+:<port>/HP_Sprinter_IMnR_Service_Inspection/ user=<non-admin-user or user group>
3. Ensure all 3 statements mentioned above are executed by checking added/registered urlacl strings:
netsh http show urlacl
Note: If it is required to delete urlacl wrongly registered, use below to delete:
netsh http delete urlacl url=<url given>
If the above “urlacl strings” are registered correctly then the error message should be fix.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”