< (UFT) support tip > UFT 12.52 New Feature - UIAutomation support
We released UFT 12.52 recently. One of the key feature added is UI Automation support.
- What is Microsoft UI Automation (UIA)
UIA is an Application Programming Interface that allows one to access, identify, and manipulate UI elements of another application.
UIA is targeted at providing UI accessibility (and is a successor to Microsoft Active Accessibility at that), as well as facilitating GUI test automation.
UIA's property providers support both Win32 and .NET programs.
- Use UIA to create your UFT GUI test
UIA enables programmatic access through five components:
- The UIA tree facilitates navigation through the logical structure of the UI for accessibility and automation.
- UIA Elements are individual components in the UI.
- UIA Properties provide specific information about UI elements or the Control Pattern.
- UIA Control Patterns define a particular aspect of a control's functionality or feature; they can consist of property, method, event, and structure information.
- UIA Events provide a trigger to respond to changes and notifications in UIA information.
In UFT, you can select UI Automation under a drop down list on the Spy UI. You can also select on the recording tool bar. It provide the possibility to work with most of UIA API methods from UIA patterns. You can access to UIA controls-properties, coming from UIA patterns, as well as standard UFT functions.
Start upgrading to UFT 12.52 and try it now!