Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

migrating from Winrunner to UFT, can i convert/run/transfer winrunner scripts to UFT

as winrunner support is no longer available. Our organization is looking to shift to UFT however, there are like so many scripts written in winrunner, can i somehow use them in UFT? i just dont want to write each and every script from scratch

Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Re: migrating from Winrunner to UFT, can i convert/run/transfer winrunner scripts to UFT

Did you ever find a way to convert your winrunner .tsl scripts to UFT??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: migrating from Winrunner to UFT, can i convert/run/transfer winrunner scripts to UFT

Unforunately, you can't.

There is too many difference between the 2 languages (TSL, VBScript), GUI objects management (GUI Map, Object Repository)..

You have to rewrite all your scripts.

You can also call WinRunner scripts from an UFT script.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,

We also have the same problem.

We have a lot of Winrunner scripts, but we now use UFT. You said : You can also call WinRunner scripts from an UFT script.

How can we launch winrunner scripts from UFT ? Do you have an example ?

Thanks !

Matthieu

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.