Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

movie capture stops recording when connection is closed

Jump to solution
I am executing a QTP script and recording this execution as a movie in a remote machine. I am connected to this machine using remote desktop. But when I disconnect this remote connection, the movie stops recording. Is there any reason why the recording of the movie stops?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: movie capture stops recording when connection is closed

Jump to solution
Are you opening the Remote connection within the script? If so, check your test settings. Look for the "Record and Run only on windows opened by QTP" option and see that it is not checked.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Are you opening the Remote connection within the script? If so, check your test settings. Look for the "Record and Run only on windows opened by QTP" option and see that it is not checked.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Can you please tell me where I can find this option?

Actually I am using Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect to remote machine and then kick off a VBS file that will start QTP execution. Movie record stops when I close this remote desktop window.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Open your script in QTP. Under the Automation menu, select Record and Run Settings then select the Windows Applications tab. You will find two available options. The first is Run on any Windows based application. The second is Run only on: with three options.
Select the proper option for your situation.

Another question - How are you disconnecting the remote session? If you are using the Logoff option, this will close all applications running under that user name on the remote computer. This is why the recording is stopped.

What are you wanting to continue recording after the remote connection is disconnected? Since you seem to be manually connecting to the remote computer, is QTP running on the local machine or the remote machine?

Would it be possible to execute one QTP script on the local machine and a second one on the remote machine and then combine your movies when the recording is complete?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.