Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

"Object.exist" return "True" no matter object was exist or not

Hi, I use these lines below to check the object for existing, but when I execute it, it return True no matter what object is exist or not: objectExist = Browser("FNS - Main Menu").Page("User Management").Image("Click Here to Work with Customer Administration").Exist (0) If objectExist = "True" Then Browser("FNS - Main Menu").Page("User Management").Image("Click Here to Work with Customer Administration").Click end if Please advice.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

On Web environments, UFT is not looking at what we usually see displayed in the browser. It goes beyond, into the DOM. The fact that it is not shown, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  

If UFT is able to find it, check on its properties for the one that indicates whether it is displayed/visible or not.

Kindly,
Alvaro

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

wow! this is bad news for me, becuase I almost use such statement for my checking object is exsiting or not. This is really really bad news...

I have almost over 200 Test suite that I need to monitor; which is now it seems like I can not realiable to such statement .

Thank you

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi,

I had tried as your suggest, but still it did the same.

Please send me the example statment that you are using to check a object exist or not.... I need to get it work ... 

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.