Highlighted
Visitor.

typeerror unable to get property 'selectsinglenode' of undefined or null reference on IE11

Hello,

I am executing an automation script on IE11. After UFT selects a value from drop down getting pop up message with below mentioned error "TypeError unable to get property 'selectsinglenode' of undefined or null reference"

After closing the pop up by clicking OK button and re selecting the value from drop down getting same pop up again.

Tried with applying "Wait" in between but no luck. Same selection if done manually then no such pop up message is observed.

Can anone please provide some help on this.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, there

Is the error happening after selecting a value in a list? Can you share the script here? And if you choose the exact value manually, do you still see the error pop up?

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi James,

Yes, On IE 11 the error pops up when I select any value from the drop down (using UFT automation script).

If I a performing the same actions manually then no error comes up. I am actually from automation team, I am checking if I can get that exactpiece of code snippet here. The developer has said it is not a coding/application issue. However I am not sure about this. According to you what can be causing this? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.